LAWRENCE — Twenty new law enforcement officers graduated from the Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center (KLETC) Nov. 11 in a ceremony held at KLETC’s Integrity Auditorium.
Gary Warner, class coordinator for the 301st Basic Training Class, expressed his gratitude for the graduates and acknowledged the many challenges they overcame throughout their training.
First Speaker and Acting Wichita Police Chief Troy Livingston shared some advice with the graduates: “Be leaders. By mobilizing to serve your communities, you are already leaders.
Livingston described good leaders as possessing self-awareness, gaining credibility, and demonstrating humility. “You have joined an exceptional profession, and I like to call it the greatest show on earth,” he said.
Under Executive Director Beck, graduates received certificates of satisfactory completion of a full-time basic instruction course and certification as Kansas Law Enforcement Officers from the Kansas Commission on Standards and Training for Peace Officers, the state’s law enforcement licensing body. authority.
Here are the graduates of the 301st Basic Training Class:
- *Matthew Lemm, Garden City Police Department
- Zarin Goodrich, Franklin County Sheriff’s Office
- Joey Arms, Junction City Police Department
- Kaylynn Bliss, Junction City Police Department
- Marissa Ziegler, City of Junction Police Department
- Jacob Petersen, Leavenworth Police Department
County of Lyons
- Randall Crump, Emporia Police Department
- *Alexander Weaver, Emporia Police Department
- William Brouwer, McPherson County Sheriff’s Office
- Melisa Simmons, Caney Police Department
- Juan Sanchez-Acosta, Morris County Sheriff’s Office
- Kory Hagen, Pratt County Sheriff’s Office
- *Kody Kuhlman, Hutchinson Police Department
- Garrett Shuck, Hutchinson Police Department
- Masen Torres, Salina Police Department
- *Lia Faber, Corn Police Department
- Jonathan Morales, Corn Police Department
- Kate Watson, Kechi Police Department
- Joseph Cox, Kansas Department of Corrections
- Marvin Reddick, Goodland Police Department.
Photo top right: Kick-off speaker and Acting Wichita Police Chief Troy Livingston, joined by Class Coordinator Gary Warner, greets members of the 301st Basic Training Class.
Bottom right photo: Chef Jeffrey Hooper, Class President Kody Kuhlman and Executive Director Darin Beck.