Masjid-e-Nabvi incident under review, says justice minister

0

HAFIZABAD: Federal Minister of Law, Senator Azam Nazir Tarar has said that the Masjid-e-Nabvi (SAW) incident is regrettable and the State of Pakistan has not registered any cases. However, the Ministry of Law examines the whole incident and these cases are not under blasphemy laws.

Speaking at a press conference in his home village in Vanike Tarar district of Hafizabad on Thursday, he said laws regarding interfaith harmony are 160 years old and were formulated by the British government to secure the sacristy of places religious in the subcontinent. He made it clear that the current government would not take revenge and did not believe in victimization.

He said peaceful protest was everyone’s right, but protest could not be allowed in areas where Section 144 was imposed. He said Imran Khan should consider his mistakes before a long march and the shortcomings as a result of which his allies were left to him. He said that the PTI government had been constitutionally eliminated but Imran Khan had adopted an unconstitutional method to save his government.

PTI corruption scandals are revealed day by day and everyone must ensure that their wallets are respected, he said. Responding to a question, he said that some people preferred his party leader to the constitution, these people ruined his leader’s slave constitution.

Responding to another question, he said that the institution of local bodies was the soul of the democratic system and that was on the agenda of Prime Minister Mian Muhammad Shehbaz Sharif, but the PTI did not have organized elections for local bodies.

He further said that the Prime Minister was serving the nation with zeal and zest as in the past and that Pakistan would head towards the destination of progress and prosperity. Ex-MP Afzal Hussain Tarar, Ex-MP Mian Shahid Hussain Bhatti, MPA Dr Muzaffar Ali Sheikh also spoke at the ceremony and paid high tribute to the services of Azam Nazir Tarar.

Share.

Comments are closed.